Wednesday, January 18, 2012

When is enough, enough?

         Have you ever stopped and looked around at our ever changing life? have you ever wondered how much more we can cram into some thing so small? 
         Lately I have been looking at things different and have decided that I am an old sole trapped into a young body. Like really do you need your iPod hooked into your car radio what is wrong with just the plain old radio? Do you really lack the ability to parallel park? Do you need your car to be the computer that you are reading this on? Car's used to be basic and run fine. They used to be made out of strong metal not plastic and tin foil. ever see an accident of an old car and compare it to an accident today? There is a huge difference and back then there were no air bags that put off gasses that you really shouldn't breath. 
          I am not saying that every improvement in our life it not a good thing but some I think are just going a little to far. 
          What happened to the day when people wore cloths that lasted longer then a month and the jeans they bought were strong and didn't have holes already in them? I understand it is all about fashion and what you like but personally I like a pair of jeans that last at least a year and doesn't fall apart on me. Even right down to my shoes. I bought a pair of shoes when i was pregnant with Haily that i still wear. She is now 3. I have bought a new pair as the other ones were starting to fall apart but at least the $70 I spent on them were well worth it and i got 3 years out of them and still using them just not on a daily basis.  
        Cell phones really get me too. What happen to having a phone just to call and talk to someone on? Now your phone is everything from something to talk on to a camera to a e-mail to the web to texting to watching movies or reading books. WOW how much more can you cram into a thing that fits into your pocket before one day it just explodes?
              One thing that I do like it the fact that a TV is now no deeper then a inch and a half or so. LED TV, what more could you ask for it doesn't have that high pitched squeal an old tube TV has and it uses like no energy. That is a great improvement to me. 
      I just wonder what it is going to take for people to settle back down out of the fast paced life and money blowing to realize life can be simple. People used to have gardens and raise there own food and survive on there own they didn't depend on store and didn't have to have more and better things. What if tomorrow ever electronic in the world stopped working? Would you know what to do? Would you go through withdrawals like a drug addict? Who is really an addict? We all are in our own way there is one thing that we all can't live without we are completely addicted to it. It might be your phone your computer or an iPod or iPad. Can you put that down for a whole day and not look at it once or pick it up?
             I am sure there are many other things that have changed dramatically that i use everyday and don't think about but I do believe that somethings are better left alone. Why change a good thing? 
         Like gas? why add ethanol to our gas and make it so we are getting 2% to 40% less MPG? I am not sure if you have realized that you are filing up your gas tank a lot more then you used to but I sure have. I have a mini van that is a 1999 that used to get 400 miles to a tank (about 12 to 15gallons) now that same van is only getting about 250 to 300 miles per tank. this is a big change how is the ethanol helping our environment if we are using more of it and putting out the same amount of pollution? Not to mention all the engine problems it is causing in old cars and new ones. I have read that cars that are less then 10 years old take to the ethanol without a problem but why should I have to buy a new car if I don't want to? Is this just another way of the government controlling us? That is a whole other discussion i wont get into. But really people if you have the option and there were regular gas with no ethanol and gas with ethanol at every pump for the same price or even just 10cents more which would you choose? I would choose the plain old gas the one that got me 400 miles per tank not the ethanol 250 miles per tank. Why should we be forced to change if we don't want to? Funny how air plains don't run ethanol gas, that is because the ethanol causes to many problems in the engines to make it worth the change over. So if they are not forced to update there equipment why are we? I want to have the choice when i pull up to the pump without paying more. It takes more to make ethanol then gas so why should it be more expensive? They say ethanol is so much better and renewable well if that is the case make it cheaper. 
     So things to think about for anyone who reads this. When is enough enough for you? What can you live without? And do you want choices or just be forced to change for the good or not? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment