Friday, January 6, 2012

The 2012 Change

So I don't do resolutions, I choose to call them changes in my life! Most people make resolutions and never keep them. Since i make changes it seems to work! In 2012 I plan on making a bunch of changes. Here are some of them:
Start making things i can from scratch - This doesn't mean i am going to throw away everything i have. I am going to continue using the things i currently have until they are gone and then make the same or similar product here at home with hopefully less chemicals. This includes meals, laundry soap, window cleaner etc.
Eat out Less - Last year we spent about $1000 eating out. I don't want that to happen again this year. I am not saying that i wont go out dinner once and a while but the drive through at McD's is not in my range this year!
Work on our house - This may sound strange to many but we recently bought a Dance Hall and for the past 6 months have been in the process of turning it into a house. We are trying not to run up debt making it what we want. So slow and steady is how it is here!!
More Family Time - Yes we do everything as a family now but i would like to have more quality family time that is not in front of the TV or running errands. I want that around the camp fire telling stories with no phones!!
Raising animals for food - Yup we have raised a pig before and it was great. We plan on doing it again. The kids have also asked for chickens so they can go pick the eggs!!! So in the spring we will be adding to our pet list!!

This is where i am leaving my first post. More to come soon and i will be posting pictures!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when we used to raise pigs as kids. It was so much fun. Would you consider doing the whole raising and selling of them? Like we pay you $X for the pig and it's upkeep etc, and it grows up with your pigs then we collect in time for slaughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some amazing things your going to do jessie, and I know you will succeed at it, you have so much love in your life and I am so glad to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney,I would think about it. It would all depend on the person and there willingness to pay upfront and then pay for the slaughter and how ever you wanted the meat. It does add up fast with the cost of things but the meat is much better and you know how it was raised!!!

    ReplyDelete